Monday, October 20, 2008

Parents in Thunder Bay

This month we had the privilege of having my parents stay with us for a week. Jon was still in school full time and I was working part time so we only got to visit with them when our schedules allowed. While we were away they kept themselves busy peeling my apples for apple pie. When we could spend time with them we took them to the "sights" of Thunder Bay.

It was wonderful having Mom and Dad here. Thunder Bay is a wonderful place and we have many great friends but nothing says home more than Family.

They needed to get their booster shots... I always wanted to stick my parents!



First I took them to Kekabeka Falls and to visit my good friends Bob and Gayle Manns.


This was at Ouimet Canyon. A spectacular natural attraction, Ouimet Canyon is a 150 metre (492 ft.) wide gorge with 100 metre (328 ft.) high canyon walls.


Driving to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, We went to the lookout called Thunder Bay which is at least 1,200 feet high and overhangs the cliff face and has a slatted floor. The view was absolutely spectacular but we had a hard time getting to the end of the platform because it is soooo scary!!

Me trying to drag mom to the end of the platform...........Dad holding on for dear life!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Fun! I love having visitors and I bet you do too! People say they're going to come visit us, but I'm not holding my breath!