Wednesday, February 04, 2009

She's always on the move

Another entry about our Bird. She really is the object of our affection. When Jon comes home from a long day at school the routine is *kisses* " hi huny how was your day? I missed you. How was Dill?" Or we go into the office and whistle for her. Usually she pokes her little green head out of her blanket cave to give, Jon and I, a hello chirp. And depending on her mood she will fly rapidly to our shoulders and sit there "talking" to us. She is mainly fond of Jon, however, when Jon is unavailable she is content to get affection from me. Most days she
enjoys a good head scratch and recently we've discovered she loves showers. I guess I should have figured this out the day I left the door open when I was having a bath and she flew into the tub with me!She is always on the move following me around the house or flying madly around the house looking for a person to perch on. The other day while I was cleaning out the fridge she sat on my socked foot jumping from one foot to the other. Her warm little body snuggles into the arch of my feet as she chatters to herself. Her noises are very sweet unless she is PMSing or when we are about to leave. Then she calls, very loudly, after us from her room. You can tell she knows we are leaving because the calls sound desparate. Poor little thing. We've learned a trick. We close the office door and open her cage. She likes this and it keep her quiet. Usually she will leave her cage and hide in the closet or her new favourite place the towel covered box. There she will hide and chew on the box all day.


Well I could go on and on about her but I will just let you see her and you can jugde her cuteness for yourselves.




No comments: