Friday, May 15, 2009

I think I am addicted to the outdoors...


Another day in the woods! I can't describe how rejuvenated I feel these days. It has been too many months where I was held hostage by the winter chill. Finally, spring has arrived with all its splendor! Today was a real treat. We drove the Sleeping Giant Provincial Park and this time we were prepared; we got up early and made a lunch. We were gone the whole day! This time nature came out to great us! We saw about 50 deer, three porcupines and one tired beaver. I was determined to get a picture of the porcupines but they kept running away from me. It was a fantastic hike through the boreal forest, I especially loved all the shinning streams of crystal water skipping down the hillside. It was in one of these happy brooks where we found Mister Beaver snoozing in the sun. We were able to get really close, he even looked up, yawned and repositioned himself before he realized he was on camera.


Though we only hiked for 3 1/2 hours straight we were thoroughly worn out by the time 5:00 rolled around. We went a total of 18 km. There were many ups and downs to our path so our legs got a fantastic workout. I hope we are able to return to the park and do the 22km trail and get to the top of the cliffs.

No comments: