Upon pondering our newest path to Edmonton I remember a quote from Brigham Young:
"If I ask him to give me wisdom concerning any requirement in life, or in regard to my own course, or that of my friends, my children or those that I preside over, and get no answer from him, and then do the very best that my judgement will teach me, He is bound to own and honor that transaction, and He will do so to all intents and purposes." (Journal of Discourses, 3:205)
So now I think I understand the process better than I did before. When I have studied it out in my mind and fervently prayed over the issue and still do not get the positive or negative feeling I'm looking for, then I just go ahead, using the best judgement my mind and heart can give me and I have the assurance that the Lord will stand behind and support me in the decision.
So off we go with faith...
2 comments:
When are you guys heading to Edmonton? What is Jon going to be doing?
i really like that. your going to Edmonton...?
Post a Comment