Monday, June 01, 2009

Northern Bound

Yes, Its official. We are moving to Edmonton. The plan is to leave here at the end of June, truck our stuff using U-Haul and stay with Jon's mom till we find a place to stay. We are not positive as to why Edmonton but we have faith that it will all be revealed to us in the next month or two. In the meantime, our life is full as we sell furniture, pack the basics and give away any extras. Jon and I have unconsciously taken on the Quaker lifestyle as we eliminate many luxuries from our life. The reason: we don't want to move it across the country.

It feels good to get rid of so much. We are only keeping the essentials and even that will fill a 14 foot truck. For example: I had 3 large boxes of shells and now I have only 1 and my large costume box now consists of only a few items. Goodbye large desktop computer, hello small laptop. Who needs a huge spacious couch? (though many people have slept on it) It will take too much room in the moving truck. Less baking dishes and goodbye to one year food storage. If we haven't used it in the past 2 years than its out!

In between, our box filled life we plan on making a 6 hour trip to the temple where I will escort Jackie! As she leaves on her mission to Hungary at the end of the month. Thankfully I am still Young Women's President so I get to enjoy planning fun activities for the youth in my church. Jon goes out with the missionaries regularly to teach in Spanish. He goes twice a week or more if he can. We have a couple Spanish investigators in the area and our ward is leading the mission in baptisms. I will be working until the 25th of June but I am applying for my AB licence.

Oh! Today I had a huge blessing!
I lost my passport a month ago and now I need it to cross the border to go to the temple on Friday. Well I have to fill out a special form and have it signed by a Lawyer. I phoned my friend to ask if she knew of a Lawyer I could use. She said that it would be very expensive and wasn't sure who I could ask. So I looked in the phonebook and phoned a few offices. Many said they were unable to notarize the form today. I was very distraught because I needed this form signed today! Well the last office I phoned the secretary said the Lawyer would be able to sign and attach his seal today... free! I was so grateful. Many times I realize that I should have more faith in the Lord. He has always taken care of us.

No comments: