Friday, June 19, 2009

Ode to Fathers

Happy Fathers Day!

Ok so here is where I get a little mushy about my DAD. I love and respect my dad and he loves us kids very much. He always strived to give us the best life. He encourages us to live life to the fullest. Dad was very good at providing for his family. We always had food on the table and were never in need. Dad knew how to stretch a dollar and we were blessed by his great ability to do so. He is a hard worker and I don't ever remember hearing him complain about working to provide for his family. He taught me good work ethics. "Stick to the job till it sticks to you". My dad is truly a softy at heart and would do anything for his children. He would take us to go collect bottles, then drive us down to the bottle depot to exchange our bottles for money. It was fun spending those Saturdays with my Dad. Also I am grateful that I have a father who holds the priesthood, as a child I knew I could go to him for a blessing of health or comfort. Fathers are very special and I am grateful to my Dad for all that he has done for us. Dad I could go on and on but I will spare the rest of the readers. I love you very much. Happy Father's Day.


This is a wonderful video that the Church has put out about Fathers and I think it sums up my feelings exactly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Fathers Day to Jon, a future awesome dad!!

Anonymous said...

I am wiping away the tears as i write this, that is amazing!!