Thursday, September 03, 2009

What's New and Now

What is New in your life seems to be the question at the moment from friends and family. Well....let me tell you what is "New"! Two weeks ago Tuesday, Jon went for an interview in Edmonton and the next day they offered him a job. He was wasn't sure if this was the job he really wanted so we waited till the end of the week so he could hear back from the Jobs in Calgary. The jobs in Calgary wanted to hire him but didn't have any work for him right now so he accepted the job in Edmonton with Volant Oil Products. Last Monday was his first day of work, its been almost two weeks and he loves it! He says he would stay till late at night if he could... (Click here for more)
His position is a Junior Engineer and he is designing. Back in early July Jon had gone around to different companies and dropped off his resume. This was one of those companies and they weren't hiring at the time but the very day Jon put his resume in the CEO said they needed another guy! We like to think of it as a mini miracle. A couple days later after Jon started work, Sandra and I had this crazy desire to look for houses. It was just one house in particular that we wanted to view but we ended up with a Realtor and bunch of houses on the list. Before I knew it we had contacted a mortgage broker and put an offer on the house. This is a very new and exciting thing for us. Even if it doesn't go through its been a great experience. But I think it will all work out. Now for myself I ended up biking to the hospital with a girl friend and I felt I needed to talk to the Nurse manager there. Well, it turned out that she had received my resume and that she needed an LPN
( Licensed Practical Nurse). So a couple days later I was in for a formal interview and a touring of the facility. She said to wait about 3 weeks because they need special permission to hire external applicants. So the "Now" part of my story is that nothing is set in stone just a lot of possibilities that require a lot of faith.

I need to run.
Love you all,
Dana Bo Bayna

8 comments:

Unknown said...

go girl we are proud of you

Katie said...

That's great! Yay! A house! I'm so excited for you two.

Lindy said...

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I chortle in my/your joy.

Lindy said...

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I chortle in my/your joy.

Lindy said...

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I chortle in my/your joy.

Lindy said...

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I chortle in my/your joy.

Lindy said...

oops sorry for all the posts...pressed the button too many times

photog said...

Congrats!!!!