Saturday, December 05, 2009

Winter Finally Here

It's happened, it's finally here...Snow. And lots of it! tiny frosty flakes dive head first onto my skin as I bike through the growing snow drifts. Its 4 pm and I just finished a shift in the ER. As I struggle to keep the bike from smashing into the pavement I pray that I wont be returning to the hospital but this time as a patient. The bitter cold numbs my face and I fight to keep my eyes open through the blinding wind. Thankfully its a quick bike ride home to my in-laws and once I am safe inside the house, I finished packing my bag to head out to our church to sing at the Nativity Exhibition. It was a wonderful evening singing with the choir, I enjoyed the peaceful spirit in the church as the snow beat against the glass outside. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have a White Christmas.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Ya here in Cardston Dustin got really bored and thought about leaving the house but he got stuck in our driveway which we took as a sign that the snow wants us to stay home today (and tomorrow and the next day and the next and.... Well it is Cardston)