Friday, June 11, 2010

My Little Friend




This weekend I get to play Mom to a sweet little 4 yr old who was in my primary class last year.
I was her favourite teacher. She was one of my favourite students. At church she is always hugging me and waving hello. I am excited for this opportunity! I know it will be different having a high energy chatty little one around. I feel I am up to the challenge!

* Highlights so far: playing magnets on the floor, helping me make bread, tickling her back till she fell asleep.

Sitting at the piano she said, " I made a special song for you"
" can I hear it?"
"yes you may" and she starts to softly play random notes on the piano, " I am a child of God and he has sent me here...." She sang the whole first verse.
When I said that it was wonderful, she quickly adds, "But I am not done yet!" and she tries to remember the second verse soon to give up because she can't recall the words.

No comments: