Monday, August 02, 2010

Fire in the Sky

In my gardening post I mentioned the cool wet nights. Well I thought I would show you what our nights look like! Generally, when the winds pick up and the clouds roll in I check Environment Canada and there will almost always be a severe weather warning. We keep a close eye out for funnel clouds. Everyone says we are due for another big one since the devastating tornado that hit Edmonton in the 80s. Jon thinks I am crazy because I grab my camera and head outside whenever a storm is brewing.


Before a storm comes

one of my favourite shots

This was taken while siting on my couch

When the lightning strikes multiple times the who sky lightens up. For
these shots I have to guess the exposure as it the sky it pitch black in between
strikes.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Great shots,