Finally I get a chance to sit and unload my thoughts and happenings for the past month. After burning our food we decided to stay at Jon's parent's house as the smoke had permeated every molecule in the house. Quite literally. It was unbearable. I ended up washing all my clothes, even the clothes in my drawers smelt like smoke. I washed all the walls in the house, which helped a great deal. Then painted the ceiling and re-stippled it. That was a huge job but very worth the effort. Now we are in the process of replacing our kitchen cabinets with IKEA ones and the guy from Home Depot will be out tomorrow to measure and to give us the final estimate for the counter tops. Jon's family helped us to lay the kitchen floor - a big and stressful job. But it is done and looks great. As I type this entry my fingers bounce with the sound of the carpet layers attaching the carpet. Hubby and I have tried to be as money conscious through this whole process and have waited till we found the right deal before purchasing the material. In fact, we have had trim and bathroom hardware in our basement for a whole year because there was a fantastic sale last spring. (You can write off some home renos so spreading out your buying is a good plan). Challenges along the way have been purchasing because at times we get impatient and just want the job done instead of waiting till we find a good deal. Finding a deal means you spend the time looking at flyers, everyday, and you are constantly in the stores. I don't enjoy shopping so this was a hard thing for me. I got over it. Another challenge would be when you are taking things apart you discover how badly it was put together. I have come to love (not really) fixing another person's work. ......
3 hours later
The carpet is in!! Yippy Skippy!
Oh it looks amazing. feels so soft. I laid down in the middle and just thanked the Lord for his goodness.
Our house is finally looking livable.
Next recover the couch!
3 comments:
Sounds like fun!! you should post before and after pictures!!
Good for you for being so patient. I need to work on that.
been there ohh been there. We might come visit this summer. We should be up in Cardston in a month...I think...you know us.
Post a Comment