Sir Thomas Hanmer
Sir Walden Hanmer
Sir John Hanmer
Sir Wyndham Charles Henry Hanmer
These are just a few names I have found at the Duluth Minnesota Genealogy library at the LDS Church. They came out an old book that looked more than 50 years old. The pages were yellowing and the print was faded. The book was from London, England called "Burke's Peerage Baronetage & Knightage" These names were found with some serious intervention. As I never step foot into any Genealogy libraries let alone search through the books in them. We were on our way home from the St. Paul Temple and had stopped in at the Duluth Stake centre for a Youth Activity. My girl friend wanted to take a peek in the library and she was the one who pulled out the book to look up some of her family names. None were found. Then I remembered Sir William Colthurst, owner of the Blarney Castle, who was related to Nanny Den. ( Is it William or Richard?) He wasn't there, no Colthursts, but Nanny was there under the Hanmers! Along with Nanny's name was her first marriage to Major Charles Campbell and then to our Granddad Major Peter McLaughlin and then their children are named!!
Well all of this is very exciting! Long story short, the photocopies weren't working out so well so my friend, Becca, looked up the book through the internet at the public Library here in Thunder Bay and lo and behold the book is here! I have to now find how far back Mom researched go from there!! The Hanmers even had a crest and there is a right up about each person and when they were knighted.
Well I have to run, I would love to hear comments from you all. What do you think? What was the last name you found?
No comments:
Post a Comment