Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again!

Its Official! I am back in High School! I just came home from paying my student fees and collecting my manuals for Chemistry and Physics. These are self directed courses that I can complete at home. It adds one more dimension to my already crazy schedule. So WHY you demand? Because I am tired of the restrictions placed upon me by my High School Diploma. I graduated with Honours from High School back in 2000... but if you take a peek at my transcripts you'll notice my classes included vocal jazz, Choir, Performing Arts, Musical Theatre, Acting etc. Yes I did have some substantial courses like Geography, English and History. My "science" was Computer Science which can be applied NO WHERE. Why did I limit myself? Well on the surface it may look as though I was just interested in performing but after some soul searching I believed that I wasn't capable of doing anything harder.

For the past year I have been very interested in going back to school to obtain a degree. A Nursing Degree or a Science degree. But as I've looked at the prerequisites I am finding that I lack so many of the Grade 12 courses that my options are limited to English Majors, or Humanities.
Even if I don't get a Science Degree I want to complete these courses...to prove to myself that I can do it! After Chemistry and Physics my plan is to tackle my arch nemesis MATH... Da da daaa

No comments: