Monday, April 14, 2008

A day in the Life of a Chocoholic

It’s been 14 days since I've written anything. Well things are busy. I was sick with a mini flu on the weekend. I even missed church! The first in 7 months?! It felt weird and I felt a little empty by the end of the day. I tried to read the scriptures but it just wasn't the same.

Recently, I have discovered a weakness for Chocolate Chip Rice Crispy Squares. I literally can't STOP! I have been eating them constantly for four hours, since I came home from work. I ate a home-made Caesar Salad to be good but then finished off with 2 more Squares. There are only 4 Rice Crispy Squares left for Jon for when he returns home from school tonight. Earlier this evening he came home for FHE (Family Home Evening). I asked him to pleeeese take some with him. (I knew I would eat them and I secretly want him to gain weight. Mwahh!)

But he said "No Thanks" and that he needed his head clear for studying. ARG! What will power!! He doesn't like the sugar rush he gets after he eats them.

I live for that rush! I will continually eat until I am numb and I can't think clearly. Then I will feel sick and make an oath that I will never eat them again. An hour later I am popping out a couple Squares from the pan, salivating for the chocolaty gooey goodness. ummmm.

This is why I try not to bake often. Unfortunately, at work, I eat all the cookie, banana loaf, candy deliciousness that is brought in or baked right there in the classroom! I am trapped by sugar! It’s all around me all the time. Last Week, I had 1 amazing day of self control, at work, and then I got home and indulged in a bag of skor bits and chocolate chips.

I generally don't make dinner if Jon is not home. There is no point! I hate cooking for one and by the time I am done with the marshmallows or such then I am full. I think I need to register myself with Chocoholics Anonymous!

Yes I know I have a problem, I must exercise some self control. I find myself on this roller-coaster of sugar highs and lows. I would love to hear suggestions from those of you who suffer from the same curse.

2 comments:

The Poster said...

I confess, I too am a chocoholic. I used to be able to polish of a chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies in no time flat. Do I have any suggestions for you? Yes, but you won't like them!

Dae said...

I am all ears!