Monday, June 30, 2008

Sugar Mama

As I sit here on the computer nibbing Jalapeño Gouda bought from the local Cheese farm I realize that come this Wednesday I will no longer be Jon's Sugar Mama. ( Thanks to Katie for introducing that term to me) Earlier today we got a phone call from the company Jon applied to last week and he got the job!! He will be working for a Chemical Engineering Company for the summer. This will be a great opportunity for him as it will give him some work experience before going back to school in the Fall. He was very relieved as his other option was to work in a laundry facility in a retirement home. He would have been the only guy! Way too much estrogen in those places! I know. Working as a nurse has its pitfalls too. I find that when a bunch of ladies work together they can get really catty and nasty. I am glad that I don't have to deal with it anymore.

On a side note... Kara had her first baby! Its a BOY! 8 lbs and something ounces. I don't have very much information to tell because no one has emailed me...hint hint! But I am expecting to see pictures from the family any day soon. Until then!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Are you going to school full time?

Dae said...

No, I am just taking one course right now.