Friday, September 05, 2008

Becca and Mark's Wedding



The first time I attempted to sew an article of clothing, I risked making it for a wedding. I was very nervous to say the least but I had seen my mother sew dresses and beautiful outfits for years that I thought it can't be that bad. You just have to follow the pattern, Right?!. If only it was that simple. I had bought the pattern off the internet for 2.00. At least I wasn't paying an arm and a leg for the pattern. The fabric was bought from the bridal shop for 25.00, a beautiful Satin. I made 2 copies of the pattern in two days and by the second day I still wasn't happy with the fit of the Bolero Jacket. I had made a number of changes that soon the original pattern seemed non existent. I was risking a lot by making two jackets for a wedding that was in 5 days.



With little to none experience I slowly pieced together two jackets in time for my girlfriends wedding. Determined to be modest bridesmaids I knew that the Lord would not fail me.


August 30th came so quickly that I was caught unawares but miraculously I had the week before off thus giving me the added time to complete the jackets. I was very happy with outcome







And Becca( THE BRIDE) thought the jackets were beautiful!


.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great job! It looks so cute and very well made.