Friday, December 12, 2008

The Start to the Season

This month has been a very busy month. On the 5th we had our Ward Christmas Party. It was fun and I think we had a good turnout. Then on the 11th we had the Relief Society Christmas Party in which Becca, Jackie and I had performed, we silently acted out the "Christmas Guest". Which we had to practice for and on the 13th Jackie, Nolan, Jonathan and I will be singing Christmas carols for the High Council Party that I am helping to put together. I am in charge of the snacks and refreshments as well as the entertainment performing, feels like Activities Chairman again. I will be happy when it is all over ( those are the nerves speaking).

Well tonight was a very special night. Jonathan and I were able to get out and go to a movie for the first time in a couple months. After institute Jon came in with a plate full of food and a huge smile on his face. " I have the BEST idea! We should go to a movie tonight!" I was shocked because I didn't think we were going to have date night, something we try to do every Friday night, and also Jon doesn't usually like to spend the extra money to go to a movie. This night he was very adamant that he wanted to go out for a movie and not rent one. After trying to persuade him that there was nothing good on, Jonathan won and we went to see The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves. Now Reeves is not known for his acting skills but we both thought he did a steller job acting as an Alien void of feeling. Why hasn't he had more roles like that! Ok well enough of the movie.
After coming home from the theater Jon and I chatted and laughed about the movie all the way back to the apartment
, thus making me oblivious to my surroundings. I even noticed the pine needles in the hallway and didn't give them a second thought, nor did I notice my friend's car leaving the parking lot. So when Jon opened our door to a warm, pine smelling apartment I thought something was wrong. Then my eyes caught a glimpse of the beautiful gold and red Christmas tree glowing in the corner of the room and then I thought, " oh no! we are in someone else's apartment"!..... "MERRY CHRISTMAS," he said and I thought he had set this all up for me. But No, it was planned by Jackie and executed by her, Becca, Marc and Nolan!! I just wanted to cry! I couldn't believe that I had such wonderful friends!
Jon and I have never been able
to buy a Christmas tree for Christmas before
and each year we would go into the woods and get ourselves a fallen branch.



For the first time since being married we had our own tree! Straight from the property of Jackie's mom. I guess Jackie's mom had gone out and pickout a tree and her husband cut it down and they drove it to Becca and Marc's house to store there. This was on Tuesday and they were waiting until I would be out of our apartment to sneek it in. The whole week we were busy so it wasn't until Friday after institute when they could do it because Jon "wanted" to go the theatre
(which was planned).



It was the best Christmas present ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daisy-Mae, I loved your Christmas e-mail. We had a rather wonderful Christmas ourselves, one full of snow, snow ,snow. We had a house full of kids and grandkids and were completely snowed in so had a lot of fun togetherness. Then hard parts were thinking up lots of creative meals for all the company and the constant kid messes, but the fun parts way outweighed those. Unfortunately, my computer, where I try to work on my book each day, is right in the kitchen, the hub of our busy home, so I had babies on my lap while I was trying to write, and I think this will be remembered as the year Grandma said , "Be quiet" to everyone at least once. My problem is that I forget thoughts almost as soon as I get them so if someone's making noise, they just fly right out of my head.

We didn't have enough snow gear or sliders to go around so Tyson and Dustin created sleds out of boards on skis. We have a great curving pad down to the ocean which made the best sled run ever. Everyone but me, from 2 years old to 65 years old went down that hill, screaming at the top of their lungs. It made for great movies and memories.

Must dash,
Love, Lor