Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weather Woes and More?

Thunder Bay's weather patterns fascinate me. For the past couple of days we have had warmer temperatures accompanied by rain. The snow from the roads were washed away, reminding me of winter in Victoria. We all thought " Yeah! The groundhog made a mistake." According to the radio the groundhog saw his shadow. I myself am not a believer in such things... Did he turn around, point to it and said " Look everyone I see it! Now let me go back and finish hibernating!" If he did or didn't see his shadow it really doesn't matter. It's not like I am going to say "FINE! I can't handle 8 more weeks of snow so I am out of here!"

I can't go anywhere until Jon is done school so I will just accept whatever weather comes my way. So far I am enjoying it here, each week brings a different weather pattern. This week and especially today we are experiencing a full day of feathery warm snow dusting the earth. We've had about 2 inches or more so far and it makes everything so pretty.

Tuesday was Rugby again. I am sore but its not as bad as last week. I got some guys arm to my face though and my cheek bone and nose are a little sore. That's it for my war wounds for the week.

Last night was a Young Women's Activity combined with the Young Men. We had a "Be Thou an Example Night" taken from the Mutual theme for this year. Jon and I were late because we were putting final touches on the video the youth made late last year. The YM President came by the house to pick up the game I had planned and I had already picked a song and had a YW do a spiritual thought, so I didn't have to be there on time. The Lord blessed us tremendously as were (I was) frantic to get the movie completed. In the end, I just had to pray and ask for special help and then left it in the Lord's hands.

We had our laptop in the car driving to the church trying to burn a DVD so we could watch it. Twice the program we were using failed. ( I am going to add here that I was super frantic because I had been editing the video all day when it shut down suddenly with nothing saved! Jon couldn't even recover any autosave stuff). SO now on the way to church we discover the dvd wont burn which means no movie! and this was a special night with the parents so I felt a little pressure. (probably unneeded pressure but I'm a perfectionist!! ---to a certain degree.)

The thought came to my mind to ask Jon if the Movie could be saved as a Windows Media file and then watch it through the laptop. He said he could try but it is usually really grainy with zero detail. Well he tried it and we were blessed with a nice clear picture. When we arrive the YM Pres. had everything already going and organized so all we had to do was hook up the laptop to the projector and wait till they were done playing the game.

Life doesn't slow down there...tonight is enrichment at the church but I am looking forward to not being in charge and just sitting chatting with the ladies.

Tomorrow my life picks up again as I need to clean the apartments (a part time job to lower the rent) and decorate the gym for the Valentine Family Dance on Sat and plan activities for the Dance. I will upload the video when I get a moment and any pictures from this evening. I hope you all are doing good. Drop me a line in the comments or in an email. Love you all, Chow!

No comments: