Friday, February 13, 2009

Virtue


Today I got an email from The Stake YW President informing me that the insert for the Personal Progress book has just been posted on the web. For those who don't know Virtue was just added in the YW values late last year and I have been waiting for more information from the General Presidency. It an exciting time to be called in the Young Women's program. I know I will miss this calling when we move. The young people are the future and they have to struggle through a world thick with temptations. By fulfilling the requirements in the Personal Progress book they will gain a greater testimony that Jesus is our Saviour and redeemer. That God loves them and all of his children. The three of us in the Young Women Presidency have been working through the Booklet with the YW. My goal is to finish it before I am released! That gives me 2 months! I almost have all my Projects done I just need to finish the 2 week assignments. I'm going to have to be very persistent!

More info on the New Value --- http://www.lds.org/pa/display/1,17802,8551,00.html

Letter from the General Presidency --- http://www.lds.org/pa/yw/pdf/YW_Nov2008_FirstPresidencyLetter_08250_000.pdf

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so exciting. When I was in YW they added "strengthen home and family." I feel excited the the church expects more from future YW than they did from me as Satan increases in influence. I wish I was serving in YWs now! And now I want a daughter that I can work on PP with! Thanks for sharing this. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending me your blog. You are an exceptional couple. Any ward would be happy to live as members. Wonderful! I wish you success in job hunting. It has slowed down some but it is still the best.