Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Last Dump Before Spring

I've decided that driving blind on the highway is not my idea of fun.

Last night after an extremely tiring rugby game I hoped into the car only to fog up all the windows which then froze instantly to the glass. I was in a rush to make it to my clients on the other side of town so I didn't have time for the heater to kick in. So there I am driving down a dark highway, wind shield wipers frantically moving to keep off the snow and inside the I'm scraping the windows to see. Once I got the inside under control I still couldn't see much as the snow had swallowed any trace of the road. Needless to say I was praying like there was no tomorrow! I figured that if I just keep the car moving straight I will be OK. Then in the distance I see the bright flashing light of the snow plough guiding the cars to safety. Unfortunately he took a right at the lights and I had to make the rest of the trip without his guidance. It was a complete white out and I had almost missed my turn, once on the off ramp my car decided it wanted to head for the trees! Calmly I readjusted the steering wheel ( while praying) and the car corrected its self. I say calmly only because I didn't scream my guts out. But I wanted to because I've never had the car go out of control like that before.
I finally got to my first client's house and all went well. But in 20 minutes the car was covered with snow. I then when to another clients house 15 minutes away and locked my keys in the car! So I spent my evening in a total strangers house waiting for a friend to pick up Jon and drive to the clients house to unlock the car. ( I would have called a tow but what they charge is criminal - $80 to get your keys out). Well I finally got home around 1030pm save and sound.
On the news there is a Winter Storm warning for the City of Thunder Bay. Blizzard like conditions. 40 centimeters predicted to fall. Its morning now and the Storm Warning is still in effect. So now I have to go shovel my car out so I can go shopping.

3 comments:

Malia Carter said...

holy moly... im still hesitant on deciding whether i miss that or not.

Dae said...

Oh its actually really adventurous!!

Anonymous said...

haha, okay then i miss it.