The wind danced through my hair sending it into a thousand knots, usually I would be annoyed by this and tie it back but today I wanted it to be free because today I felt free. It had been too long since we have explored the outdoors, so earlier today Jon said, " Ok Dana, we are going to the Cascades, now". It wasn't a question or a request, I knew we were going. Despite my protests I decided it was best to yield and I am glad I did! It felt like years had past since that last time I frolicked in the woods, and Thunder Bay has plenty of woods. The Cascades is one of my favorite places. The Cascades is a conservation area where you can enjoy a quiet stroll through a beautiful poplar and birch forest. The highlight for me was the spectacular rapids along the Current River. It is only a 10 -15 minute drive from our apartment making it the ideal getaway in a hurry...and we were in a hurry. The sun was just coming out but it was still cold enough to wear a sweater. It was the perfect end to my Saturday.
Me frolicking in the woods.
Jon's version.
No comments:
Post a Comment