I allowed myself to dwell on the negative parts of living in such a flat area.
I don't get depressing clouds that enclose the sky for days on end. Early this morning the sun shone bright and happy, painting the sky a dark pink. The rest of the day was hot and at one point the clouds covered the sun but the sky is so vast and huge that you didn't even notice the change in brightness. Today, Sandra and I drove to Edmonton and I bought myself another little bird. It had been two weeks since Dill flew away and both Sandra and I missed her so much. We ended up rescuing a little 1 year old Male Lineolated Parakeet. He hasn't been out of his cage since they bought him and not handled by the previous owner though she said the breeder had hand feed the bird. So we adopted him...this time we had to pay for it ( Dill was free) but I think it was worth it.
Dill had brought so much joy to our lives that I am up to the challenge once again in training another bird. After discussing many names we agreed on Tico ( Tee- Ko). At first Jon wanted Pico (pee- ko) which mean beak in Spanish and since she originated from Central America, perhaps even Costa Rica we though Tico would be perfect as Tico is the nick name for a person from Costa Rica. Well, no news on the house but I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment