Last night we had a presentation on personal safety by a ex-police officer who is also a member of our church. It was really good. We need to always be asking ourselves..".What if?" I am grateful to my parents who taught me to always be aware of my surrounds.
But that is not the real reason that motivates me to write this day. It is that while I was chatting with some ladies after the presentation a tangle of bright blond curls came racing towards me and before I knew it I was in the arms of a three year old. Tiny hands pulled my cheeks towards her face and she questioned why I hadn't taught her primary class last week. Her blue eyed, smiling face laughed as she huged me harder telling me that she loved her teacher.
My friend asked, "Do you love me? and you love your mom too right?"
"Yes!" she exclaimed, "I love you ( pointing to my friend) and her ( pointing to me) and my mom the same!"
I held her closer and told her I loved her too and I was excited to teach her this Sunday, as I was sick the week before. She responded by nestling her head into my neck and I ended up carrying her around for the rest of the evening. I am such a suck for children ...and teenagers for that matter. They have such an amazing out look on life. I love to be around them. I teach 2 very energetic three year old girls and though I am tired at the end of class, I am spiritually filled. Plus they both give me hugs and tell me that they love me. It's the best calling.
Last night having that sweet young child run into my arms just made me feel so loved and special. It was a much needed Balm of Gilead as I had been dreaming about children lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment