Thursday, February 04, 2010
Grateful
Sometimes I forget how great my life is. I can easily become distracted by what I read and see. Someone else always seems to be having a more exciting life. I long for those precious moments that come when you share your life with another little person. Though I may be childless now, I can still have a full life, at least this is what I convince myself of. I believe that my time will come, if it is not in this life then I know it will be in the next. Today I have again realized that now is the season for becoming the best wife and nurse that I can be. I am now working almost full time in two different facilities. Some days are hard and some are easier, but that is just how life is. Now I have the opportunity to hone my skills and to grow is different ways. I also realize that now is the time to enjoy having my own time. I am grateful to have a consistently clean house, to have a full nights sleep, to be free to do what I please and so on. We now have had Mai living with us for almost a week and she is a joy to be around. She is always so cheerful even when school is hard and she doesn't understand anything. Jon and I laugh that we skipped the baby years and went straight to having teenagers. It is a little different sharing your space with another person but we have easily adapted. I am grateful for my life.
1 comment:
Way to see the positive and having a clean house all the time is def a positive! I MISS that. I'm excited for the day you have your own little baby. What a joy that will be!
Post a Comment