Monday, August 23, 2010

the mornings harvest

Its cool today but we've got our sun back. The smoke still lingers slightly but with the wind it is almost a memory. This morning I picked the rest of the pea pods, and bush beans. I ate the couple red cherry tomatoes I saw and dug up a couple bushes of potatoes. I have a few zucchinis on their way but I couldn't resist picking one off the vine even though it is still small. I've been eating the flowers off the pumpkin plant and a few from the zucchini pant. They are delicious. It was a recipe given to me from this old Italian lady who barely spoke a work of English. It was a good little harvest. I just hope to use them now and not waste anything. I think I will have fried potatoes and scrambled eggs this morning.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yum! I can't wait to have a garden!