Thursday, August 19, 2010

when smoke gets in your eyes

Its an errie feeling watching the distant trees disappear in a thick orange-grey mist. The past couple of days have been muggy and warm. Weather you would expect in Merida, Mexico! Well perhaps that is not the greatest example but I was starting to get that nostalgic feeling. Not only the weather but that hint of smoke in the air reminded me of my days living in Latin America.
But when I noticed that the smell was getting stronger and stronger I raced to the Internet only to be reassured that the fire was in BC. Of course, I was incredibly saddened to find so many fires in my beautiful British Columbia at one time. I should have clued in last night when gibbous moon was a blood red and the air felt thick. I haven't see the sun in a few days. The picture below was what it looked like before it disappeared under the smoke.




1 comment:

Katie said...

Yikes! Hopefully the fires get rid of the bark beetles though.