![]() |
| Obviously not my pic! - http://www.kewlwallpapers.com |
This past Wednesday I went to my favourite Iranian grocer in Edmonton for fresh dates. The ladies in the shop were chattering on in Farsi while the owner translated for me. I loved listening to their beautiful language. I have to admit, though I am not fond of large cities, I do love the cultural diversity they offer. The owner was very kind and she was determined to make me tea, even after I told her I don't drink caffeine. In the end I agreed to try rose water with saffron sugar. It was incredible. A new favourite to add to my other exotic drinks. Move over Chai here comes Saffron.
Oh yes! About my dates. Here is a picture and if you want to know how I use them...other than glutonizing on them, check out my Recipe Page.


No comments:
Post a Comment