Friday, March 21, 2008
Happy Good Friday!
What a special time of year when the world stops to think about the Saviour or so I thought. Today its a Holiday for most everyone and so I had to work. As I drove from house to house providing in home Nursing care I greeted people with a "Happy Easter" and asked what people have planned for the weekend, out of my 10 clients only 3 said they celebrated Easter. In the US some states have this weekend as a holiday but they don't call it Easter, they call it a Spring Holiday. As our resurrected Saviour gets pushed out of the world it is good to know that there are still people who honour this weekend and remember their God. As Mormons we attend church each Sunday (Sabbath day) to learn of Christ, Praise Christ and worship Him. You could say we have a mini Easter every week. As Jon and I start our family we want to start new traditions for this weekend that focus on our Saviour. I am thinking of eliminating the egg hunt. I am not sure what we will substitute for the egg hunt - Maybe a Saviour hunt?? We have awhile yet to think about that. For now as a couple I would like to focus on the Atonement. When I went down to the Temple, in Minneapolis, recently I stopped by the Church book store and picked up a CD for Jon. The title was " How to Be a Better Husband" by...just kidding. The CD was called " The Atonement" by one of my personal Heroes! Hugh Nibley. I think this would be the perfect CD to listen to in preparation for Easter Sunday. Also this Sunday Jon and I are singing in a Quartet, " All Creatures of Our God and King". I am singing alto. It is very hard but beautiful. Sounds like a chant. What are everyone else's plans for Easter, I would love to hear them.
No comments:
Post a Comment