Alright Family and Friends I need your help!
Lately I have been talking to people at the College here in Thunder Bay to figure out which courses I need to complete the diploma. Right now I am a Practical Nurse with something called Transitional Class. This means that I must complete my diploma in 2 years to get the General Class. I have no restrictions as a nurse and I have been working to full scope. Over the past 6 months I have been trying to get forms filled out and sent to other colleges then sent to the College here. Once all the papers were received then they needed to be reviewed and unfortunately that person was away for awhile. Then they weren't sure exactly what to do with me because they don't offer a specific program for us certificate nurses so on and so on...
My deadline is April 9th 2008. Last week I received a nasty little package from the College of Nurses of Ontario(CNO) reminding me that I am bound to the contract that I signed last year in October and that if I don't have a form ( filled out by the College in town) sent to College of Nurses by that date then my licence would be revoked and a penalty would be given.
After talking to someone today about where I stand at the College here, he said that he still didn't have my file and that it also needed to be reviewed by someone else and also that registration for courses don't open until August! WAYYY past my deadline.
Its hard to type the whole story but in the end I phoned the College of Nurses of Ontario(CNO) to beg for an extension. I had planned out exactly what I would say. The lady there said not to worry about having my licence revoked that they are letting the deadlines slide on us in the Transitional Class because they are going to try and have work experience put into consideration when deciding which class I need to be in. Remember General Class is what I want! So now I need to have letters sent from my employers stating how long I have worked and a job description.
Here are where the prayers are needed. I need the Registration Committee at the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) to agree to this new idea. Second I need a good enough job description and enough hours to qualify for the General Class.
Thank you to all of you , This would mean a huge amount if I didn't have to back to school for to get my General Class as I am already planning on getting my RN so this would mean extra expense and I would have to put off getting my RN another year or more.
No comments:
Post a Comment