After writing this post we discovered that Dill is female. So this post has be edited accordingly.
This month we got a new addition to our little family. her name is Dill and he is a four year old Lineolated Parkeet. He was bought about 6-8 years ago from the pet store by a family in our ward but their kids are grown and they have many dogs, so Dill wasn't getting the attention he needed. I had mentioned how much I enjoyed my sister's bird when I was in Mexico, so one Sunday the lady asked if I would like to try Dill out for a week.
So far we are enjoying her. She is generally pleasant, very cute and not very noisy but a bit of a handful as she requires a lot of attention. She always wants to be around me. When I go to the kitchen she will fly to me and sit at my feet while I do the dishes. She will say " Step-up" and "kiss" we are trying to teach her more words such as: Te Quiero, Hi Dill and other things. She is very cute and loves to be with people. She lets us scratch his head and I am getting her used to me scratching under her wing. She is is so cute and is a fantastic shade of green and in the light her feather shimmer. Now, its not all fun with her. She can be very temperamental and sometimes wants to be left alone. I get pretty upset when he tries to take a chunk out of my finger, thank goodness she is so little or else I wouldn't have finger. She Looooves Jon.
Every time Jon comes home she flies over to Jon, comes when he calls and never bites him. We thought would just try her out for the week but its been almost a month now and I think she is a permanent fixture in the Adams Family home.
Dill sitting on my leg while I work at the Computer -- Me scratching her head.
No comments:
Post a Comment