The first half of this month I am generally in a panic because of New Beginnings. It is a special church activity for the Young Women and their parents. We introduce the new girls, talk about Personal Progress, and the values. There are two special activities a year, one in the beginning and at the end (called Evening in Excellence). They are sort of a big thing so I want everything to be perfect. This year we had the girls do most of the work except the decorating ( which I will change - if I am still around). The girls did such a fantastic job, they all took part in some aspect of the evening. The evening's theme was Being a Woman of Value and in turn you are Being an Example to others (1 Tim 4:12). We made a movie of the girls reading about women in the bible. That activity was done a week before on a Saturday and after filming we all got to taste Becca's ( our secretary and PP specialist) homemade bread! ummm My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I am grateful for my calling and I admire each of our Young Women. We have had a number of investigators and a baptism last year and two other girls are getting baptised next month! We have been blessed by their added faith. To serve in YW is the greatest calling on earth!! Besides mother but I'll take this till then.


1 comment:
Do you remember the night we had the mexican fiesta for the New Beginnings night?
We had mixed the refrieds in the blender, and lost part of the wooden spoon in the mix… you came to us at the en dof the night, told us that we had not cooked the beans very well, because you got a really hard one! We were delighted you got it and not one of the old ladies who may have chipped their tooth on it!
Hugs,
kath
Post a Comment