Howdy everyone, Dana has requested that I say a little about what's going on in my side of our life here in Thunder Bay, so here's the scoop. First of all I am super excited to graduate in May, it's been a long time coming and has been by far the most difficult thing I have ever done, so the level of satisfaction and confidence it's bringing is huge. I get my "iron ring" on march 10 at the ring ceremony and swear myself as an engineer. Second, this graduating prospect also brings the thought of careers, which has also been a somewhat challenging thing so far. Six months ago people were crying for engineers, and now hardly anyone is hiring anyone, in fact, many are being laid off, its amazing how fast things can turn around. But I won't let that get to me, I know we'll find something somewhere, there are still plenty of jobs out there, it'll just take a little more effort; no problem!
Another recent event was that I was released from the Young Men's Presidency in our ward today. This was a very sad thing for me, I'll miss those young men so much, they have taught me so much, and I can honestly attribute my success in school to the blessing its been to exercise the faith needed to serving them and still handle 8 course semesters and be a husband too. The Lord really does help us when we are obedient. The best marks I have received are those when my calling was the busiest and I had the least amount of time to study. Simply putting faith in the Lord that somehow, someway, I could succeed in both, has been a solid witness to me of His hand in all things. I sort of feel like now since that "source" of faith building experiences that I have less backing me up, which I know isn't true, but it sort of feels like Samson getting his hair cut off, sort of, without the hair part, or me being Samson, or super strong.
Anyways, so that's the latest, so if you know of anyone offering a Mechanical Engineering job out there I'm your man. We are not sure where we will go next, but we will keep you all posted. This is Jonathan signing off.
2 comments:
i know exactly what you can do! move to florida! all your problems will be over!
i love you guys, i wish so bad that we could all be together again. its so great hearing from you! congratulations, and i hope you can find work.
I second that motion.. Come to Florida.. we miss you guys..
hugs, Maya
Post a Comment