We made it to my in-laws home safe and sound at 6pm Wednesday evening. It felt good to finally stop driving, my backside was getting very numb from the constant sitting. Jon and I were determined not to stop unless we were filling up gas so the trip went fast but our bodies paid for it. I had to relearn how to walk!
The moment we arrived Jon's parents place they gave us the warmest welcome, I love them very much. They are very sweet and kind to us. It was good see them and be among family again.
The next day, Thursday, Jon and I went for a walk around this small town ( 30 min away from Edmonton) and we realized how huge the sky is. We both felt overwhelmed and vulnerable without the protection and warmth from large firs and spruce that blanket the hills back in Ontario. But Alberta has a special beauty all its own. Silver tipped clouds move like silent giants crossing overhead to the city in the sky. Bright yellow canola fields add a patch of colour to Alberta's rolling quilted landscape. It's hard for me to realize we are back, it felt like we were gone for many many years. We are starting from scratch again, a new adventure, a new life. We will see were the Lord will take us this time.
1 comment:
Good luck! I'm glad you made it back to Alberta safely.
Post a Comment